Sunday, February 10, 2013

Gung Hay Fat Choy

Gung Hay Fat Choy, friends!

Okay, okay ~ so it isn't the New Year. But, it was just Chinese New Year, so I'll take it!

This year, 2013, is the year of the Snake on the Chinese calendar. But for me it is the Year of Sustainable Living! That is the theme I've chosen for this year in my life because it seems best to encompass my growing passion for all things home and hearth.

I am picking up my knitting again, pulling my mother's old sewing machine out of the garage, tilling the garden plot, cooking healthy meals, putting my bread makers to use, adopting chickens, composting kitchen scraps, reusing/reducing/recycling, learning to clean and shoot a rifle, making my own yogurt and learning about the wonders of raw milk and prepping! Whew. All that while raising two boys and a baby girl and homeschooling. I have a lot on my mind! And that is what I'd like to share here. Everything under the sun in the life of a mom who's gone country.

Thanks for joining me in this Year of Sustainability as I write about everything from babies to boots!
Gung Hay Fat Choy.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Carrie...Your first blog!!! This will be a wonderful journal that can be for your family to cherish for years to come! You are making memories, girl! Many blessings---Michelle

    ReplyDelete